Window Explorer behaviour

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Edmund Tan

I am using Window 98 first edition.

My Wndow Explorer has some unusual behaviour after an upgrade of IE5 to IE5.5

I hope I can make myself clear.

Harddisk=drive C
Subfolder A
and inside A, a sub-subfolder B

When I am in Window Explorer, in the left window I click on drive C, then subfolder A and then Sub folder B, to make the right hand window display contents of C:\A\B ; if I want to close the display, I would click on the "-" sign next to C:\, and the whole tree will close off.

However after I upgraded IE 5.5, when I click the "-" to close,
the tree will collapse for split second and then reopens, showing the tree structure, and the right hand window window will show the contents of C:\, to collapse the tree I have to click the "-" once again.

How do I make it behave like before? that is, one click on the "-" will close off the tree.

I am baffled.

I think I understand... & I believe you have to reset your folder options...

go to start/settings/control panel/folder options & general as well as view
set the way you want it to be there

Edmund Tan

I tried, the only way I can get to work the way it was , was to set it to classic style, as soon as I set it to "web page", then the bad behaviour starts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online