1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window Me problem?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by unwise, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. unwise

unwise Thread Starter

I'm having problems with my Dell Desktop personal computer. You see, it all started when I got the fabled blue screen error. I proceed to press "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" and everything restarts fine. Next I go to sign back onto the internet and I get an error which reads "An error occurred, please try again, if the problem persists reinstall the software." Now this happened before so I would just load my internet up again from the cd HOWEVER when I put the cd in ANOTHER error read "Setup has caused an error in MMsystem.DLL. Setup will now close" What am I to do, this happens EVERY TIME..further more I cant system restore due to that freezing up and never being able to finish..maybe I can delete and reinstall something to fix this? Help appreciated.

2. golferbob

golferbob

why don't you do a system restore to before the problem started. i think it is #1 on the restore cd.

3. unwise

unwise Thread Starter

I dont have a restore cd...The nly cds I have are to reinstall drivers and utilities, and a cd to reinstall windows..the system resote on my computer wont work as i said in the recent post for what ever reason.

4. unwise

unwise Thread Starter

whoa whoa whoa..i went to reinstall windows ME and an error in MMsystem.DLL shut it down again...is this program important? it is interrupting all my installs.

5. aarhus2004

aarhus2004 Gone but always remembered

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice