1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window Media Center

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by markeydsl, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markeydsl

markeydsl Banned Thread Starter

Hi, I have this computer with Vista premium, which is a windows Media center PC. Recently with in the past few days, everytime I open windows media center and then go to picture gallery, when I open it the picture folders show 0 files or empty. When I go to these folders through "My Pictures" the files are there, they just don't show in Windows media center. Also every time that I open windows media Center there are more folders that show that they are empty. So.. to sum it up. Windows media center is not recognizing that there are files in these folders.

This is a Dell E521 computer

windows Vista Premium home
    4 Gigs of Ram
    120 gig hard drive,
    intel 64x2 processors
    it is a very fast machine, and so far this is the only issue that I have come across that has not been addressed. I have contacted Dell and posted questions with in the vista forums, and others are having this issue, but no one seems to have an answer to fix the issue. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue or if someone knows a fix for it other than reinstalling the operating system as indicated by Dell and Windows vista moderators, since this does not fix the issue.
    Is there a way to fix windows media center or reset it?
    might there be a way to figure out what is going on with this, a test or diagnostic that I can run?
    any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you very much

Markeydsl

2. 12ian34

12ian34

in media center, cant you go into the settings and set the source folder for your pictures, make sure it is set the the folder where your pictures actually are.

im not sure exactly if it is possible, as nothing on my vista is working, but you should be able to

3. markeydsl

markeydsl Banned Thread Starter

yes, you can go in and designate the folders that it looks at, I have actually removed and then designated it again, trying to see if it might read the folders differently however they still show the correct folders, but show that there are 0 files in each seperate folder.

Thank you

any other suggestions out there?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/573170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice