Window Media Player online access problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dastuph

I have a cable modem and have always on access to the internet. My problem is that whenever I try to use the radio station option or the media guide option in Windows Media Player it says i am not connected to the internet and i need to run the internet connection wizard.

When I try to run the wizard it says i dont have access and that i need to contact my system admin. I called the cable company and they said its not a problem on there end because if I can check my email and surf then everything is kewl.

Well its not kewl. I have a laptop that I can hook up to my cable modem and it works just fine.

Any idea whats up?

Just a guess

open media player, go to tools, options. performance, check the autodetect my connection option.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online