1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window Media Player Problem (Video Streaming)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by fce, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fce

fce Thread Starter

After I installed NERO7 i can't play anymore window media player (Video streaming) over the internet.

When i uninstall NERO7 i can play the window player without any problem.

Anybody knows how to configure so that i can play WMP as my default for video streaming? Maybe NERO change my default video streaming.

Thanks!

2. fce

fce Thread Starter

bump..... :confused:

3. kama64

kama64

4. fce

fce Thread Starter

thank you for the link.
    where i can find the video stream default player in your link? last time its Window Media Player, not its not working after i installed NERO.

any idea what associated files i need to change just to play WMP as my default for watching video over the internet.

thanks!

5. fce

fce Thread Starter

bump.....

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I don't think Nero can change that -- but since I don't have it I can't tell you for sure.

Try going to the Control Panel and select "Default Programs" and set Windows Media Player as the "default" for all file types and protocols it can open.

7. fce

fce Thread Starter

i already set WMP as the default program...still no success.

I can tell that its NERO7 causing my WMP not playing my video streaming. I try to uninstall NERO7 and my WMP video streaming works fine. When i reinstall NERO7, again my WMP didn't work.

8. TechyForum_Mate

TechyForum_Mate

Hey Mate, Running Vista..

If you are playing Music right click on the Music File and then scroll down to Open With and then Choose Program. Select Media Player and then there should be a tick box button down the bottom confirming to make media player the default player.

However if you are saying that no media will work at all, Then I am not sure dude.
    It really sounds if this Nero is a bit of a nusince, Have you tried any other alternatives with Software?

9. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

10. fce

fce Thread Starter

i already select WMP as the default program. In playing music or video saved in my laptop WMP is the default and its working fine BUT when i try to open some news over the internet my WMP is not playing the video. Last time i can play that video and WMP as the default palyer.

I already paid NERO 4months ago and its not advisable to drop NERO software because of that problem. I think its only a file that i need to activate so that it will not block WMP to play video streaming.

11. fce

fce Thread Starter

see nero snapshot. I dont know what NERO media player you saying.

i tried to contact them and received email this afternoon

"Dear valued customer,

thank you for your e-mail.

Please try the following:
    Search for the file "NeVideo.ax".
    Rename the file to "NeVideoOld.ax". Is it now possible to play the video files
    with Windows Media Player again?

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again. "

after trying this instruction, still no success.

Attached Files:

• nero.jpg
      nero.jpg
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
  12. TechyForum_Mate

TechyForum_Mate

Mate would you be able to show a snap of the problem?

13. fce

fce Thread Starter

see snapshot.

when i try to open video using IE7, it says cannot display the webpage. Supposedly there's a window media player popup to watch video streaming (not imbedded in IE7 to watch the video)

when i try to open using Firefox, its ok and can play the video....but i dont want the embedded video to be play with firefox.....i want a new pop up of WMP so that i can watch at the same time doing browsing the internet which IE7 is doing.

After I installed NERO7, my IE7 did not play anymore video streaming.

Attached Files:

14. fce

fce Thread Starter

bump.... :(

15. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

In Internet Explorer if you open Tools > Manage Add-ons and look at the various lists under "Show:" ...

can you find any "Nero" add-ons that may come into use -- and what happens if you disable them?

Also make sure that the Windows Media Player and MacromediaFlash active-x Add-ons are enabled.

A disabled Macromedia Flash object can also cause the issue you are reporting as they may work in concert with the WMP one.

Ok, I've had a closer look at the page you are trying to work from. Oddly when I click those streaming links I get Winamp to open up -- as it happens I have the .asx file association linked to Winamp -- and sure enough that is the file extension being used by the page you show in your screenshot to open up media files.

Also check the .pls extension which normally would be winamp if you have it installed -- but I don't think they are using that.

So go to the Control Panel > Default Programs and have another look at those file extensions.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice