Window size

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

karbo

Banned
Whenever I ask for Windows Update in the start menu, the window that appears is always small. Is there a way of making it open large by default ?

Sure there is. Just drag the entire window to the upper left corner of the screen. Then put your arrow on the lower right corner of the window. Hold down the shift key, press and hold the left mouse button, drag the corner to the lower right of the screen. Release the mouse button and the shift key. Now close the window and re-open it to be sure it worked.

karbo

Banned
But why does it do it in the first place ? Is there a special setting to configure ?

Thanks

I was just not set to open "full screen" by default. No problem, it's fixed, Right?

Hi Karbo,

I think I know what you're talking about. Whenever you open a new window, it doesn't maximise. There's an easy way to make sure it maximises by default. Go to www.jiisoft.com/iemaximiser/index.htm and download Maximiser. In the options, ensure it starts on boot up. This ought to fix the problem.

Regards,
Marc

All you need to do is the method I suggested. It is a "one-time" fix, no need for 3rd party software clogging up the works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online