1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

window vista runing slow

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rennick02, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennick02

rennick02 Thread Starter

hi my computer windows vista home premium 32 bit sp1
    compaq presario sr5027uk
    intel pentiaum d dual core 3.00ghz
    1015 mb ram
    intel 82945g express chipset family
    251mb total availible gaming graphics
    143gb hard disk
    is runing slow i have done virus scans i had a trojen virus removed with scaner. i have run numerois spyware and adware scaners i have run hijack this also cleard out junk files run several registry scaners
    done disk cleap up defraged check disk all to no avail the defrag and disk clean up have probly made the most difernce. i have 81 gig hard disk space free i am about to upgrade my memory do 2 x 1 gig is there any thing else i could do i still think there is a virus or spy ware on my computer i have a folder in c drive called a107c9cb44615bcc2486 i dont know what is do you know any thing i could do to help i seems like i spend all my time runing scaners and not using my computer
    thanks
    marc

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

What dp you mean by slow? Is it something that happened recently, or always like that? need more info (does it givr a spinning wheel for ages, booting slow, etc), to give any real help :)

3. rennick02

rennick02 Thread Starter

it is slow at starting up restarting i have disabled all but a few startup programs when i try to load a folder or program it can take a long time my memory usage is usaly at 714 - 850 meg 714 at start up when i go into controll panel and try to acsess any thing it takes ages i restored my pc to factory setings about 5 weeks ago but it did not speed my computer up much. when i go into disk cleanup for example it takes ages to load that bar stiks at halfway. programs say not responding alot. it get a blue screen when i leave my computer on overnight usauly it says it has recoverd from a unexpected problem or somtimes when im watching videos on line the blue screen says (the times i have seen it) driver irql_not_less_or_equual i have some more inf from that if you want it let me know. also i get a spining weel quite alot i just keeps going untill i end proses in tsk manager. this is not a new problem as i said b 4 it was like this before i restored factory setings(is this the same as formating) windows vista is built in .
    is there any more info you need please ask then please ask thanks for your quick reply and for your help
    regards
    marc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698379

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice