1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window Washer Substitute!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by janlafata, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

I have using Webroot's Window Washer since day one of my computing experience and have never had any problems with it. But lately, their so-called "Vista version" has really dissapointed me. For one thing, it's very slow in it's scans compared to previous years.
    And it's locked up quite frequently on me too, causing me to have to have to uninstall, then reinstall it.

Now I'm thinking maybe Webroot is just not what it used to be and the products they are putting out just aren't as good as in past years. So I'm looking for a substitute, a professional grade cleaner, that thoroughly cleans out temp files, browser history and such. I have Tracks Eraser Pro standing by, but I was wondering if there was anything new out there, I really don't want anything that cleans the registry too, since I do that manually.

Please let me know

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

I dot reccomend you clean the registry as it could do more harm than good. As for a cleanup utility i reccomend ccleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/

3. chrisrw

chrisrw

I've recently changed my PC and moved from XP Pro to Vista Home Premium. Like you, Janlafata, WW worked seemlessly with XP, but I've had nothing but problems with Vista. The main issue is that it might work immediately after installation, but, after rebooting, it goes through the cleaning process in an instant, even with bleach added, and finds nothing. Uninstalling and re-installing just produces the same sequence of events. The helpdesk may have the answer, but nothing they've suggested so far has made the slightest difference.
    If anyone from Webroot is reading this and can come up with an answer, I'll gladly continue to tell people what a great product it is. otherwise, it's refund time, I'm afraid.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice