1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window XP Help Needed Its Urgent Please!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shazstar, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shazstar

shazstar Thread Starter

i am using Windows XP with NTFS file system. I am using Windows XP with diffrent users account with privite Documents Setting for each user. i accently delete windows folder when i wan using windows 98. but i have the folder Documents and setting under the admin user name i have my folder My Documents. when when i click Admin i recive a errer message.
    "Access Is Denied. "
    Can any body tell me how i can get my data back its urgent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.

2. Lance1

Lance1

You mean to say that you have a dual boot system, XP and 98? When you where in 98 you went into the XP partition and deleted the Windows folder? That would take some time to delete, mine is 2GB. Why not go the recycle bin and restore the folder?

3. shazstar

shazstar Thread Starter

Yea i am using dual partation and delete windows folder now plz tell me how i can get my data back. i have the folder Documents and Settings on D:/ Drive but when i click the user name "Admin" i receive the message " Access Is Denied.."
    Please Help Me...............Wating For Reply.

4. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

Something is wrong with this explanation. If the WinXP install was deleted from Win98, that means that Win98 was accessing an NTFS partition, which it can't do.

In any case, the way to get access to a folder where "access is denied" is to log in as an administrator, go to the security tab for the affected folder (right click, select preferences, select security tab) and take ownership of the folder. Then change the security permissions to get access.

This can only be done as an administrator.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice