1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window xp no history log

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zippo872, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippo872

zippo872 Thread Starter

Hi All,

a novice for sure. since I bught this new computer I am not able to see "histrory" or "tempt internet files" etc.. going on a few months now. Been away from the hubby, & I would lke to know how to find out what sites he has been at. (lol don't get me wrong, its also our kids too)

any info greatly appreciated

Zip

2. zippo872

zippo872 Thread Starter

to Add to my message I also have no "history folder" I can surf & surf & look back at these files Temp History folder & nothing appears.

????

any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated

3. Sadan01

Sadan01

Sounds like they are hidden from view. To enable hidden files/folders to be shown, open windows explorer, go into the Tools Menu and select Folder Options.

Click the View tab and underneath, you'll see an Advanced Settings box. If you take a look in there, there will be a section entitled "Hidden files and folders". Click the option to "Show hidden files and folders" and then Apply or Ok. You will then be able to view the temporary internet files etc.

The other way to check the history and temp internet files (without doing the above) is to do this:

History

Go into Internet Explorer. Press CTRL+H to show you the history.

Temporary Internet Files

In Internet Explorer, go into the Tools Menu and select Internet options. Under the General Tab, you'll see the Temporary Internet Files section. Click the Settings button and a new window will appear. Select the View Files button at the bottom of this window and an explorer window will open showing any files that have recently been downloaded when browsing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice