Window xp or the 64 version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rebon

Need to buy windows xp and install it onto my pc.

Thing is I can not decide if I should buy xp 64 edition.

My current pc is an AMD 3000 32bit based pc.

So my question is, given I intend to buy a new pc in the spring and it will be 64bit technology, If I bought windows xp 64 edition now would it work on my current 32 bit system?

thx...rob

I say personal preference. I actually run dual boot because I have hardware that only supports 32 bit. The main problem is going to be hardware support. Though software has its own problems since 16 bit programs won't work at all.

If you get 64 bit get it based on your need not because "its cool" because not enough manufacturers have embraced 64 bit to make it 100% practical to go 64 bit.

I agree with StumperTechy. You will not find many applications that will run on the new 64 bit version of Windows.

rebon

Well I guess it's going to be ordinary xp then.
Just a bit worried I buy xp then the 64 version kicks off and makes it redundant overnight, well at least until the end of spring.

thx...rob

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online