Window XP upgrade, can't install Norton antivirus 2004

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MG_ICE

HELP!!! I installed Window XP upgrade and didn't realize that it would disable my Norton antivirus 2004. After installation, Windows informed me that Norton would have to be reinstalled. I tried reinstalling it, but couldn't until the disabled one was uninstalled. When I tried to uninstall it, there were some files that the uninstall program couldn't find, so the uninstall failed. I need to know how I can get the disabled one off my system so that I can reinstall Norton again. Any help for me?

Hi MG_ICE,

Symantec have a removal utility with instructions you can use here..................

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Hi, Kitch!
I followed the insturctions to the letter and it worked. Antivirus is uninstalled. But now, when I try to install Norton antivirus 2004 from the disk, I get a screen that says "Windows has detected a previous failed installation and requires you to restart your computer. Restart and then continue with the installation." I restart the computer and try again, but the same screen comes up every time and I can't load it. Should I try to reload Windows XP? Any more suggestions? Thanks!
MG_ICE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts