window XP won't start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dummy1969

When I start up my computer, my screen is black with a cursor on left top corner and cannot go to Window XP Home Edition. I don't have backup or bootup disk. Can anyone help me how to start up? Thanks!

Do you get through POST ? You know the b+w yada yada stuff and then there's a beep before you get to the black screen ? Or just power on and straight to a black screen ?

That's strange , alright . Any USB devices connected ? That's a long shot - it seems strange that you cant get even partially through POST . Are there any beeps from the PC ?

dummy1969

I have 2 USB devices connected. one for the printer and the other one using mouse. No any beeps from the pc.

dummy1969

I just try to disconnecting them and robooting and the screen pop up with the bottom left corner say "F1 - setup; F12- boot/device" and then I press F12 and give me "1962 - No operating system found" and the second line "PXE - MOF : No boot filename received". And the system now keep repeating the message over and over again and not stop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online