window XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeanhubar

At opening, I get a log on window requesting a password. I click OK and the process resume, but it is a waist of time. How can I cancel this step?
:(

Hi and welcome to TSG!

Firstly we will need some more information before we can help you diagnose and fix your problem.
At opening
At opening of what? Do you mean when windows boots?
I get a log on window requesting a password.
Do you mean like the Win2K logon screen (disregarding the windows 2000 title header) -->

If I am correct in thinking this then you can disable this and enable automatic logon very easily.

1. At a command prompt, type "control userpasswords2" and press Enter to open the Windows 2000-style User Accounts
  2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then
  3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be

Hope this helps, If i have got the wrong idea, let me know and i will endevour to help futher ;)

Kind Regards
Anthony

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online