1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

window XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jeanhubar, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeanhubar

jeanhubar Thread Starter

At opening, I get a log on window requesting a password. I click OK and the process resume, but it is a waist of time. How can I cancel this step?
    :(

2. Anthony:-P

Anthony:-P

Hi and welcome to TSG!

Firstly we will need some more information before we can help you diagnose and fix your problem.
    At opening of what? Do you mean when windows boots?
    Do you mean like the Win2K logon screen (disregarding the windows 2000 title header) --> [​IMG]

If I am correct in thinking this then you can disable this and enable automatic logon very easily.

1. At a command prompt, type "control userpasswords2" and press Enter to open the Windows 2000-style User Accounts
    2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer check box and then
    3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be

Hope this helps, If i have got the wrong idea, let me know and i will endevour to help futher ;)

Kind Regards
    Anthony

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice