WindowBlinds 5 Problem!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

0vermind

Just recently I got WindowBlinds 5 did all the registration and everything ;). I grabed the VistaXP WB 3.0 and added it then clicked "apply now". The results at first we horrid everything just froze. I reset and still nthoign would open properly and the start button was gone and it takes about 10 freakin minutes open up pait and saving an image!!!

This is just driving me crazy so I finily got onto a different machine to post a message. Dude, WindowBlinds screwed up mycomputer badly!!!!!!!

Does any body know what i should do or have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Attachments

0vermind

Any one have any ideas, suggestions, or maybe a solution???

[Sorry if the last SnapShot wasn't full images somthing went wrong when pasting it in paint]

[Attached new snapshot]

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

same thing happened on my pc after i upgraded to v5. cursor was erratic & skins took 4ever to load & when they did, they didn't load completely. so after trial & error, i uninstalled v5 & reinstalled v4.6. think v5 isn't stable? good luck :D

0vermind

wtxcowboy said:
same thing happened on my pc after i upgraded to v5. cursor was erratic & skins took 4ever to load & when they did, they didn't load completely. so after trial & error, i uninstalled v5 & reinstalled v4.6. think v5 isn't stable? good luck :D
The only reason I got it was for the per pixle transparentcy and the newer version with new features and able to load VistaXP Glass Beta 2.

0vermind

okay i figured it out....

hi overmind... im just new here, kupo.

ive had the same prob as yours...

it is due to this:

http://wincustomize.com/Forums.aspx?ForumI...5&AID=95598&u=0
"If you have installed a pirate copy (AKA cracked) version of WindowBlinds 5, please be aware that the "crack" is faulty and WindowBlinds will cease to function correctly on your computer.

To fix this you just need to uninstall WB and if you wish install a purchased copy of WB, or the trial.

To uninstall, you can either wait for your computer to login, unload WB (either using wbconfig, display properties, or from a command prompt calling WBLOAD UNLOAD) and then uninstall WB. Or you can boot into safe mode & uninstall WB from there.

Your computer has not been harmed in anyway."
but there is a fix for this...
you can reply to me if yer intersted kupo. and Merry X-mas!
[snapback]9486[/snapback]​
Comment #7 said:
#7 by Citizen MilkMan0214
Sun, December 18, 2005 03:33 AM
So the cracked version was working fine, and then it spontaneously imploded? Did Stardock figure out a way to pull that off, or did the crackers just mess something up? If you guys did make that happen, congratulations... that would be the most amusing way to combat piracy I've seen yet. Let everyone who downloaded an illegal copy spend hours trying to fix their system, then laugh at them when they come on to the forums to complain. Nice.
Anyways I have uninstalled it. I spent countless hours yesterday and today trying ot fix it!!!

read all that on their forum, i'd downloaded the trial from download.com, so it wasn't a cracked copy, it still wouldn't load correctly, so i got rid of it til they fix it. glad i haven't paid 4 it yet!! :)

wtxcowboy said:
read all that on their forum, i'd downloaded the trial from download.com, so it wasn't a cracked copy, it still wouldn't load correctly, so i got rid of it til they fix it. glad i haven't paid 4 it yet!! :)
the trial version 5 that I downloaded was from download.com screwed everything up too.

0vermind

it doesn't matter if it's the trial or not it's the CR__ that screws things up!!

Becuase when they made the CR__ they did such a poor job that it actully patched up some code that allowed bitmaps to be printed on the screen so now with that piticular crack only some things will be painted but not Title bars, taskbar, or anything like that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online