1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 1 Suddenly Needs Password

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Cffgl, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cffgl

Cffgl Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7096 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (807 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO, Bantry CRB
    Antivirus: Windows Defender
    Windows 10 suddenly needs password when it was never set up to need one. It won't accept my password so I changed it. Then the next time I try to log in my new password doesn't work. It will accept one of 4 or 5 old passwords but not the new one. Thank you.

2. Paul23

Paul23 Temporarily Banned

First Name:
    Paul
    Unfortunately, the forum does not allow help on password issues.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

How many characters and did it in include any numerals etc was the new attempted password
    DO NOT of course provide the actual password

A password is needed on 10 for certain functions of the OS
    and if you recently installed the latest updater then it would ask for a password but the system can still be set not to require one

Paul32 is referring to one of the site rules
    At this juncture in your topic, as you can see, the rule is not applicable as you have not forgotten the password and neither are you trying to circumvent an unknown password.

Therefore, and unless a different decision is made by a member of the Admin or Moderating staff, we will assist in an attempt to establish the problem.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211402

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice