1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 1909 incompatibility with VLC Player?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by j.crager, Nov 21, 2019.

1. j.crager

j.crager Thread Starter

I have used the VLC Media Player for years. I recently upgraded to the Windows 1909 build 18363.476

I have been having some trouble with my VLC player crashing either upon opening or closing the player. If I get it to open, it has problems closing and crashes when reopening. The player is the latest version. in 64 bits. The player has been rock solid for years. Has anyone experienced this problem or know a work around? I like the program because it plays everything including DVD's.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    HP Envy 17t-k200 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
    S/N: 5CD5281XWG; P/N: K4T90AV
    OEM OS: Window 8.1 Home x64
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Chipset: Intel HM87 (Lynx Point)
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16314 Mb
    SSHD: Seagate ST1000LM014-1EJ164-SSHD, 953,869 MBytes (1000 GB), 5400RPM
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 902 GB (761 GB Free); D: 25 GB (2 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2291
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled; Kaspersky Internet Security, Enabled, Latest, Malwarebytes Premium, Latest,Enabled

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I just did a test with VLC and have W10 (1909) and have no issues.
    Have you tried uninstalling VLC and reinstall it again.

3. britekguy

britekguy

@texasbullet: Ditto.

I'll never understand why certain programs that have been rock solid on a given system for years suddenly decide to go south. But unless there are wide reports on tech support forums of individuals having similar issues, which tend to crop up very quickly, the "uninstall/reinstall" advice is as standard as "have you powered down and back up again" is in others.

Not that it's never the OS, but it's not the OS way more times than not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice