Windows 10 Acer Aspire Laptop's screen gone blank

HShafique

I was using ym Windows 10 Acer Aspire Laptop and all of a sudden it went blank. It seemed to have overheated. After a day, the screen wasn't blank but then it happened again. It has been roughly a week and it is yet to come on. ( NOTE: The Laptop powers on but the screen is blank)

Gr3iz

Mark
What happens if you use an external monitor? Does it go blank as well?

HShafique

Here are the specs for the laptop

Acer Aspire ES1-571
Windows 10
MFG Date - 2016
4GB/1Tb

Thanks. 2016 is not too old but, when the laptop's screen is blank, if you slowly tilt the screen back and/or forward does it then light up? If so, it would lead me to believe one or more of the wir=e group leading from the motherboard, up around the hinge into the bottom of the screen may be broken and when you get it in just the right spot, it/they make contact.

Another possibility is the screen (LCD or backlight) is simply wearing out and need to be replaced.

HShafique

No, it doesn't light up but when you look at it from a different angle or when a light is shining on it you can faintly see it.

Gr3iz

Mark
The backlight is going out. If it is not a loose connection, it is likely that the screen (with backlight integrated in it) needs to be replaced.

A quick search shows this LCD selling for about $50-60, and there appear to be several YouTube videos showing how to replace it.

HShafique

Do you think it's worth getting a new LCD or Just buying a new Laptop. ( I've already replaced the screen tWICE FOR £100

Gr3iz

Mark
May I ask why the screen was replaced twice already? (Personally, I've never held Acer in very high regard.)

£300 laptop + two £100 LCD replacements = £500 (along with more aggravation and gray hair).

"You get what you pay for"

HShafique

So have you guys got any recommendations.

BTW : This Laptop was a good deal - was £250 and had 1TBSSD & 4GB RAM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online