Windows 10 blocked by sleep mode on monitor

dhlytle

After leaving my Primary desktop computer for a few minutes I returned to a blank screen and a short reference to sleep mode.
Keyboard and mouse are not responsive.
I have followed several suggestion from the web, with no success. Some suggestion assume I can see my monitor, which of course, I can't.
Attempts to boot into safe mode have not worked...
I have a second computer that shares the monitor which, thank goodness, has no problem.
I connected the problem computer directly to a spare monitor, and get the same problem, so it seems safe to assume the problem resides in the primary computer

Couriant

James
It does sound like you are having issues returning from sleep mode? If sleep mode is not needed but maybe a screen saver/locked screen that I would suggest turning off the sleep mode for the computer and then add the screensaver.

You may also need to update your drivers and/or BIOS.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you sure that it went into the sleep mode?

Did you have a lot of data files and programs running before it went to this mode?
If so, it may take a while to copy back to RAM from the hard drive all of the open data and programs.

dhlytle

Are you sure that it went into the sleep mode?

Did you have a lot of data files and programs running before it went to this mode?
If so, it may take a while to copy back to RAM from the hard drive all of the open data and programs.
Thanks, I don't tend to leave a lot open. Also, the is computer is equiped with rapid start memory.. I'll post what further poking will turn up.

dhlytle

Thanks for your suggestions.
Thanks, I don't tend to leave a lot open. Also, the is computer is equiped with rapid start memory.. I'll post what further poking will turn up.
I don't tend to leave a lot open. Also, the is computer is equipped with rapid start memory.. I'll post what further poking will turn up.
Just wanted to express thanks for the suggestions.

dhlytle

It does sound like you are having issues returning from sleep mode? If sleep mode is not needed but maybe a screen saver/locked screen that I would suggest turning off the sleep mode for the computer and then add the screensaver.

You may also need to update your drivers and/or BIOS.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Once I get into the computer, I will definitely move away for sleep mode. Seems like many people have had trouble with it. Don"t know why it took a year to bite me however...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online