1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 clean install stuck at black screen

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Nahdurr, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nahdurr

Nahdurr Thread Starter

Hello.

I'm having trouble clean installing Windows 10 on to a new SSD.

I upgraded from Windows 7 and then created a USB with Windows 10 installer on it using the media creation tool. I switched the HDD to the ODD spot and installed a new Sandisk 240gb SSD. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on to the SSD. The install started after making a partition on the SSD using the command prompt. However now the install will go to "installing driver" have a green check mark then the computer prompts that it needs to restart to continue installation. Once the computer restarts it is stuck at a black screen that is blinking on an off and I can hear the drive running.

I have a Samsung series 7 NP700Z5a-S0aus.

I am now getting this screen upon reboot

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Try installing again but this time disconnect the HDD first. Also delete the partition(s) on the SSD and the installer will create what it needs automatically.

EDIT : You can reconnect the HDD when the install has finished.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, from what I can tell from the support page for your laptop, win7 and win8 are supported os. Win 10 is NOT a supported os. When you use an unsupported os, you are a beta tester; might work and it might not work.
    You have a choice; either install a supported os OR continue to attempt to get the system to work. Up to you however IF it were me, I would install a supported os.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1163717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice