Windows 10 Compatibility Checker, where is it?

Alex Ethridge

There was at one time a downloadable stand-alone tool that one could use to check a system's compatibility with Windows 10 -- without having to download the entire Windows 10 setup.. I have looked several places and find a lot of sites that mention it but no place that indicates words to the effect that 'here it is'.

In case it matters, it will be an upgrade from 7.

Can someone give me a link?

Alex Ethridge

There is no specific tool to check for system compatibility. You need to check on each product's website for system requirements.
See also https://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10
It is difficult for me to believe my mind is playing a trick on me but I guess it is possible. I have a memory of running it on a system, how many years ago I don't know, and it identified the video card as being incompatible. And indeed, it turned out there was no W10 driver available for that video controller.

Like I wrote already, years ago, but something I ran on a system gave me that information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online