Windows 10/Computer running slow after GPU upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bawdog

I recently installed a gtx 970 after doing a clean unistall of my r7 380 with guru gpu driver unistaller in safe mode. Ever since i installed the card I have been getting really long boot times and overall in general slowness browsing the web. Now I have ruled out the 970 as the culprit as i am able to play games smoothly and fine. I have done a driver wipe and unsitall driver with a fresh driver install on startup and the problem still consists. My specs are fx 8320, 8gb ram, evga b500 wattt psu, and evga 970. Do any body know what could be causing this? thanks

Try downloading the latest driver from the video card manufacturer. Most people say the MS drivers are for stability and not performance.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
That AMD FX-8320 processor and GeForce GTX 970 graphic card use a combined total of 270W.
Since that's a gaming computer and its graphic card requires a minimum of a 500W power supply, you're asking a lot of that EVGA 500B 500W power supply.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online