1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Crashes on Restart

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SimonYahn, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonYahn

SimonYahn Thread Starter

Sometimes when I restart my PC, it starts to load then goes to a blue screen that says; "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. You can search online for more information for this error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

It counts up to 100% and then I have to manually press the power button on my computer. The system then restarts and boots fine.

What can I do to prevent this? What does this mean for my computer?

I am running windows 10 installed on an SSD with several other important programs and then everything else is on a 2tb hard drive. I still have the installation disk that has window 8.1 with free windows 10 upgrade.

Also if it is important I am using a z170 motherboard with skylake i5 processor.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Got the same issue here. Sometimes ift starts without problems but I have noticed a certain continuity:
    The times it goes wrong is right after the patch days when upgrades have been installed, then one or two days I have issues.
    Sometimes only hard reset works to have it boot and then it works like nothing happend.
    Your guess is as good as mine. I have NO IDEA :( and it frustrates me. I even left the system on for two weeks in row just to be sure I hade a working system the next day. Wonder if Microsoft accepts the electricity bill :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1161430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice