1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Creators Update, am worried about installing it

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by polli, May 18, 2017 at 7:38 AM.

Advertisement
  1. polli

polli Thread Starter

I bought my computer last year with Windows 10 installed on it.
    When the Anniversary Update came up it auto installed it.
    However I then had a black screen and some programs wouldn't work.
    I had a friend who works with computers come to sort it out.
    However, my friend is not well at the minute. so am very nervous about installing the Creators Update, in case there should be problems again, as don't know what I'm doing.
    I keep getting pop ups to remind me
    Can you advise me please?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

For now ignore the Popups...... just be patient and wait.

Creators Update contains a lot of changes. With so many changes it is always possible that something may not mesh with a particular setup on an individual system, which might result in a compromised or even unbootable system.

It would therefore be wise to take a System Image, create an Repair Disk and Backup user files. You don't need special software to do any of this, all of which can be done from within the W10 utility File History which you will find in Control Panel.

T.

3. polli

polli Thread Starter

Thank you
    Will it auto update in the end though?

But don't understand how to do any of this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190150