1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4103721 Version 1803

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Serge2012, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi,

Yesterday evening, I've shut down my computer and it started to install updates but didn't finish the installation. This morning I start my computer and noticed that my computer still had some updates to install so I tried to do it again with the HP support assistant but it stopped again before preparing action list. So I did some research about this update on the web and found some information on this link :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-version/42d672a5-9988-4327-a5fc-b4cf9a47768a

It seems that this update has some serious issues so now I don't know what to do... Does anybody know what is going on with his new update and if I should install it and download it directly from Microsoft website?...

Thanks for your help.

Serge

2. Paul23

Paul23 Temporarily Banned

First Name:
    Paul
    It's installed on my rig. I haven't had any problems.

3. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi Paul,

well it's weird but last night when I shut down my computer it finally installed that update. I just have noticed two issues and I don't know if they are related or not to this update but when I download a file the security scan hangs indefinitely even after the file was successfully downloaded. Also once in a while the icons on my taskbar disappear and reappear right away...

4. Paul23

Paul23 Temporarily Banned

First Name:
    Paul
    I would recommend that you open up CMD (Command Prompt) and run the System File Checker. Type sfc /scannow Let this run and it will look for system file errors and fix them if they are there.

5. Serge2012

Serge2012 Thread Starter

Hi Paul,

Thanks, I know sfc. I've done that and sfc didn't find anything wrong " Windows resource didn't find any integrity violations"

Serge

6. Jack1000

Jack1000

My update notice for 1803 came through. I pushed it back til the 16th. (The farthest that I could go ahead.)

Satch

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice