Windows 10 has reset itself and I've lost everything

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lead93va

Please please help!

I turned my laptop on to get on with some work. To find it running very slow and everything had changed. Background icons everything. The more I looked the more was missing - my documents is now empty!

There are some apps which I use which are still on there but don't work?
I don't understand I shut it down and it was fine!

I need to get everything back if I can
I tried to do a system restore but it keeps failing due to an unknown error.

Please can anyone help?
Considering working on a laptop is my job the tech side I am useless at!!
It did say something about the user but Im not sure what I can remember now!

Panicking!!

Thanks in advance x

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
When you logged into the machine, did you happen to see a notice to the effect of "You have been logged in with a temporary profile"?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try rebooting it and then seeing if you're presented with the same desktop. I have a feeling it's a temporary profile, but I need to check before offering additional advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online