Windows 10 has slowed my laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DanielleLoren96

I have recently downloaded windows 10 as all the programmes on my laptop stopped working on windows 8. After I downloaded my computer runs incredibly slow, I have to wait about 20 minutes after clicking on a programme for it to actually open up, if it opens at all. Once my laptop goes on standby I cant turn it back on without turning my laptop completely off using the power button. Is there any thing I can do that won't result in me losing files.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have recently downloaded windows 10 as all the programmes on my laptop stopped working on windows 8.
That was not a valid reason for upgrading your laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
Are your programs working okay now?
After I downloaded my computer runs incredibly slow
We don't know anything about your laptop, so we don't know why it's running slow.
What brand name and model name and model number is it?
Is there any thing I can do that won't result in me losing files.
If your personal files are that important to you, they should be backed up in some reliable external media.
If your laptop crashes or its hard drive dies, you may lose them permanently.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online