1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Incomplete Download

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Devices' started by composer29, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. composer29

composer29 Thread Starter

. . . learned from error message #. When you tell it to update again to hopefully get the missing program files, it tells you the phone is already updated to windows 10. If it were, we shouldn't be typing/editing BLINDLY!! Yes, we have to keep moving the keyboard off the screen to see what we've done. Very saddened. HOW do you get the missing files???

2. Sponsor

3. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

What missing files? You need to provide a little more detail as to what the error message says and what phone you have.

4. composer29

Some Windows 10 PROGRAM files are what's missing (not my data but Windows files. That should explain te horrible typing blindly that occurs (keyboard covering text). Phone doesn't recogniT it was an incomplete download, so does NOT retry to do a COMPLETE download; just says it's done when not. Unless the error msg would tell you what files are missing, there's no way of knowing! ☹ QUOTE="Triple6, post: 9348365, member: 51122"]What missing files? You need to provide a little more detail as to what the error message says and what phone you have.[/QUOTE]

5. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Well "some Windows PROGRAM files" isn't that much more useful. Are you getting an error that says you are missing files? Or is it just a keyboard issue that you are having? Have you tried adjusting the keyboard settings: http://www.wpxbox.com/how-to-change-keyboard-size-in-windows-10-mobile/
    Or is this the problem you are having: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...-keyboard-covering-up-text-entry-windows.html

If the installation is indeed corrupt then you probably will need to reset the phone to factory defaults.

6. composer29

If you read my entire initial note, you would see that I indeed did get an ERROR MESSAGE telling me there were missing Windows 10 files. No, the error message does NOT tell you what files are missing, sadly. So now what??? OK guess I didn't finish reading either. just noticed your mention of factory defaults. Well, it came with 8.1. And it does not seem to let you return to 8.1 from the 10 that seems to be a corrupt download.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  7. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186444