Windows 10 Insider Preview 14942

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aezagorski

Has anyone experienced a total system failure after downloading this Preview Build. Only firefox works on the system. Any ideas?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor

aezagorski

Ok it won't let me update to get build 14946. Is there a way I can try and load it manually. Its an HP Pavillion Notebook PC. I have been running Windows 10 on it since the free version came out. Ran the upgrade advisor when I had Windows 8 said it was supported. I am getting a 4 beep error when I go into my BIOS. Its possible my RAM is dead.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the complete model number of that HP Pavilion laptop?
What's the exact product number(P/N) on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
On the labels/stickers on the bottom of the case and inside the battery compartment.

aezagorski

The numbers were very hard to see from what I could tell its a Pavillion 17 Notebook - ff32xx. The Product number I got was J9N54UA#ABA. Like I said I believe it's a RAM problem at this point.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The numbers were very hard to see from what I could tell its a Pavillion 17 Notebook - ff32xx. The Product number I got was J9N54UA#ABA.
According to that product number, you have a HP Pavilion 17-f133ds Notebook PC which came with Windows 8.1 64-bit.
I am getting a 4 beep error when I go into my BIOS. Its possible my RAM is dead.
HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Blink Codes Or Beep Codes

Since we don't know how you use that notebook and what abuse it's taken, it's difficult to advise you why it's having those issues.
Personally, I would reinstall Windows 8.1 64-bit and get a fresh start with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

aezagorski

What is the easiest way to do it. My recovery partition doesn't work. I don't have a disk.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I already linked you to where you can purchase the recovery media disc kit from HP for that notebook.

If you prefer to do a "clean" install of Windows 8.1 64-bit instead of using a recovery media disc kit, you can download the Media Creation Tool from here so you can create a bootable Windows 8.1 64-bit disc.

If doing this is over your head and beyond your computer knowledge, you need to find someone who is to help you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online