1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 keeps BSODing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by confused-friend, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. confused-friend

confused-friend Thread Starter

Yesterday out of nowhere my laptop came up with a blue screen and restarted itself, and since then it's been starting up, good for about 2-5 mins then blue screens again. I've tried to boot it into safe mode to save some files but even then I hardly made it past the login screen.
    It's come up with at least 2 different errors but I don't remember what they were now.
    Not sure what to do, I've never had any problems with it before and I wasn't doing anything unusual.
    The storage space has been extremely low for about a week now but I doubt that would make it completely break like it is?

2. confused-friend

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Start Menu > Windows Administrative Tools > Disk Cleanup. It will look for old things to delete like temp files and free up disk space. Low disk space causes problems for Windows.

4. confused-friend

Did that, then tried to delete as much as I could from the main drive so there was enough space to let me do a factory reset, almost completely bricked the computer by doing that, restarted it, then thankfully it let me get into settings so i could do the reset.
    After that was done it was working perfectly fine, like brand new... Until I turned it off... Next day it won't even let me get to the login menu... Does the startup screen, tries to 'fix' the drive weather I say yes or no, then gets stuck on "Updating windows: 35% complete"

I think it's truly gone now, huh? :/

5. etech2019

etech2019

did you install any driver recently, kindly remove your RAM clean it and check if it helps.

6. confused-friend

No I have never installed anything recently. I got an extra terrabyte of space installed about 3 years ago but I don't imagine that's it. That stopped showing up after the reset too though so I'm not sure why.
    I wish I could get into my computer but unfortunately I don't have a screwdriver or anything small enough to take it apart.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why not test the drive? Go to the site of whomever mfg the drive ie WD, Seagate, whatever and download the diagnostic. Note you will need the dos or boot version not the windows version. Run both the long and short tests on the drive. If the drive passes ALL tests, then you can try and repair or clean install windows. Until you are sure your hardware works, it makes no sense to try and restore windows.

8. confused-friend

How do I test the drive when my laptop doesn't even let me login though?

9. etech2019

etech2019

i believe there are some hardware complications in your system kindly check or take it to a technician.

10. confused-friend

Thanks for trying to help, but yeah I think you're right about it being hardware problems. I'll take it in when I can.
    Thanks again!

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I already told you; you need the boot or dos version of the diagnostic ie it runs from bootable media NOT from windows.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice