Windows 10 Laptop does not boot up suddenly

Palmer132

Suddenly stopped booting up. Just get the manufacturer flash screen, then a blank screen with a flashing cursor? Anyone help me?

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Chances are the drive containing Windows has failed.
Do you have any Windows installation media? Try booting from this & running diskpart from command prompt to see if the C drive shows.

Palmer132

I Have tried booting from a windows 10 recovery CD. When it starts, I can hear the CD drive spinning, so I know it is trying to boot from here.
It comes up with a message:

"Warning - the battery cannot be identified, the system will be unable to charge this battery. Strike F1 to continue, F2 to run setup the utility"

This is due to a pre-existing condition where I know the battery has failed. I am only able to run the laptop off the mains power.

If I select F1, it shows me the blank screen with flashing cursor, the original problem.
If I select F2, it opens up something called 'InsydeH20 Setup Utility, Dell Inc.' with menu options Main, Advance, Wireless, Security, Boot, Exit.

Where to go from here?

Palmer132

No, there's no easy way to remove the battery, it's integrated, but I doubt that's the problem, as I have used it like this for a few years without any problems?

Palmer132

Got it sorted finally, boot sector file had got corrupted. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online