1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 10 laptop games/programs running slow

Discussion in 'Games' started by michigan2012, Oct 12, 2019.

1. michigan2012

michigan2012 Thread Starter

a year or 2 ago my computer has been starting to start up slow/run and open programs at a slow pace. The games themselves such as hearthstone, world of Warcraft etc. do not run well in full screen, and can only play in a smaller resolution. The internet browser chrome, internet explorer are also very slow when opening. I tried reducing the number of start up programs and installed all new software/hardware drivers and it did nothing to affect performance. I added my laptop specs as well to help out with getting a solution in the attached file below. If there is anything anyone can do to help that would be great thanks!

Attached Files:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 15.6" laptop which is running Windows 10 Home Version 1809 Build 17763 64-bit and which has these specs:

Intel Core i5-6300HQ 2.30 GHz quad core processor
    cpu.JPG

Intel HD Graphics 530 integrated graphics
    gpu1.JPG

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GDDR5 4 GB dedicated graphics
    gpu2.JPG

8 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM
    (Note: it supports up to 32 GB)

---------------------------------------------------------------

What's the exact 7-character "service tag" number of that laptop?

Have you considered adding another 8 GB of RAM and running it with 16 GB?

Since you've had these issues for a year or two, have you considered during a clean re-install of Windows 10 and getting a fresh start with it?

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Virus and malware can also significantly slow down a machine.

But the simplest fix is to do a clean install of the latest version of Windows 10. Trying different free online scans may work, but you have to try several brands, which takes a long time. A Windows install takes only 15 mins. Plus the time to re-install programs, which of course varies depending no how much software you have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice