Windows 10 laptop stuck at startup

SkyBlueEyes

My laptop with Windows 10 has a long startup screen with the logo and then goes to a blank screen with the cursor and doesn't load. Everything worked fine before now. The laptop shut off on its own while not being used, and this started when I tried to turn it back on. If I try to do anything (Esc, F8, F11...), nothing happens. The laptop is Toshiba Satellite.

Force restart it 3 times and Windows should start the troubleshooting screen. Then select startup repair.

SkyBlueEyes

Force restart it 3 times and Windows should start the troubleshooting screen. Then select startup repair.
I tried that a few times, but it made no difference. It never showed a troubleshooting screen, just the same blank screen.

Download the Seagate seatools ( it can be used on all brands of hard drives). See if it reports any problems.

SkyBlueEyes

Download the Seagate seatools ( it can be used on all brands of hard drives). See if it reports any problems.
Is that something that can be put on a CD to run automatically on the laptop? I can only use something that would automatically run once the laptop is turned on since nothing is accessible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online