Solved Windows 10 Lenovo Y70-70 BSOD & Phantom Touches

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Outdacell

Melvin
I'm currently running a Windows 10 Laptop and it gets really sluggish on me (even though it's an i7 processor with 16 gigs of RAM). Lately it's been giving me the BSOD and I have observed some potential culprits.

1. My USB mouse - it works fine but the cord (which is a fabric cord) has a glitch or something because I have to positi0n it or tie it for it to work. That's been giving me the BSOD the most. I currently no longer use it - just the touch pad

2. COM Surragate - When I boot up my PC, I'll open the task manager and see whats eating up my RAM, Disk memory and CPU memory. COM Surragate always creeps up to 99% then the PC gets super slow, comes to a halt, stays there for 10-15 mins (average) then the BSOD comes. I try to prolong it by watching it and as it rises I'll end the task and continue whatever I'm doing until it pops up again.

3. USB ports - partially the same as with the mouse situation above. But I tried plugging my smartphone in to transfer files and charge it and the slow down, halt and BSOD came up.

So please give me a hand, the PC isn't even a year old. It was brand new when I purchased it last October and I hope it isn't a hardware issue because I spent nearly $2,500 on this pc.

****Another issue I'm having is the phantom clicks with my touchscreen. Some days (after disabling it) the touchscreen works well, but on other days it just doesn't stop with the clicks even though my hands don't ever touch the screen. Hopefully you guys can give me a hand with that also.

What reports do you need me to send you or do because this is really depressing.

Thanks ahead of time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16296 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 911263 MB, Free - 129646 MB; D: Total - 25599 MB, Free - 25022 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Lenovo Y70-70 Touch
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

Last edited:

Outdacell

Melvin
Did a virus scan yesterday no results from Malwarebytes or SUPER Antispyware. I'm sure it isn't a virus issue.

Outdacell

Melvin
For those who are interested: Status update

It's been one day so far and no BSOD or lag. Of course I haven't used the USB mouse at all. And I've deleted several programs:

CCleaner
Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional
Glary Utilities Professional
DivX Plus Pro

Many of these programs were recommended by this forum as bad or useless programs that could do more damage than good. But I'm still requesting some guidance on how to take better care of my PC. Any programs or habits that anyone can recommend would be very helpful in this case.

Also I'll try using the USB Mouse again on Monday, keeping my fingers crossed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online