Windows 10 monitor no signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AllinaChan

I have a Windows 10 pc. There were problems with my WiFi. So I decided to update my wlan drivers. I downloaded two programs "Tweakbit driver updater" and "driver booster". Looking at all those outdated drivers. I used Tweakbit and updated 21 of my 23 drivers. 2 of which failed to update. Knowing me. I decided to use driver booster to try to update those as well. Which happened to have a graphics driver or display can't remember. It took a while but when it finished installing. My pc was rebooted. After this, my pc with the lights and the fan working. My monitor won't show anything. What do I do??? Im using a DVI cable. Please note that any kind of solution involving looking at the screen doesn't work. Cause I can't see the screen

Edit :I have a nividia gtx 950

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If a driver for a specific device (such as Wi-Fi) needs to be updated, you obtain that driver from its support site or from some other reliable source, then you install it.

Using third-party "driver updater/driver booster" apps is a good way to install outdated and incorrect drivers.
It appears your computer now has one or more devices that are no longer working.

You haven't provided any information on your computer and its Wi-Fi device, so we can't help you at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I don't see anything that says it came with a Wi-Fi device.

Hopefully, you have some way to reinstall Windows 10 in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

AllinaChan

So I bought external network adapter. Asus ac-56. But that's not the problem. It's the fact that after updating my graphics card. My monitor doesn't receive a signal from my pc

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
THIS is the most current Windows 10 64-bit driver for the GeForce GTX 950 graphic card in your computer.
This is where you should've obtained it from instead of using third-party updater apps.

You appear to have an ASUS USB-AC56 Dual-Band AC1300 USB 3.0 WiFi Adapter.
The Windows 10 64-bit driver for it is located in its "Support - Drivers & Tools" section.

AllinaChan

But right now, my monitor is saying no signal. Due to the error in the driver update

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You may need to remove that graphic card and replace it with a different graphic card and then hope your monitor can get a signal.

I fear though that those third-party driver updater apps have caused other issues and may force you to reinstall the Windows operating system.

AllinaChan

Oh alright, can you tell me a cheap graphic card that would fit into my mother board. Gigabyte Intel H110 Express Chipset

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You have 2 graphic cards in that HP desktop that use the same NVIDIA driver.
You might consider removing 1 of them and disconnect 3 of the 4 monitors so you have a basic 1 desktop/1 monitor setup.
Your goal right now is to get 1 monitor working so you can see what you're doing.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online