Windows 10 no operating system found?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bradleymfg

So I got a computer (HP pavilion g series) from a friend the other day and it worked fine dispute the fact it ran a little slow so i decided to factory reset the computer to try to get the speed back but after doing so now it won't start since I did that just keeps instantly going to a screen saying no operating system found, I don't know what to do and don't know if it was a waste of money or if I ruined it? Any help please?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that HP Pavilion g series laptop?

How exactly did you "factory reset" it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bradleymfg

What's the exact model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that HP Pavilion g series laptop?

How exactly do I get those numbers? And I just went into the settings and chose to reset it completely and erase all files and on it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Those numbers will be on stickers/labels on the bottom of the case and/or inside the battery compartment.

Bradleymfg

product number, LX470AV
Serial Number, 5CD14830KP
and i don't see a model numner

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
product number, LX470AV
Serial Number, 5CD14830KP
Model, g4t-1200
You appear to have a HP Pavilion g4t-1200 CTO (Custom-To-Order) Notebook PC which was purchased brand new in December 2011 and came with Windows 7 64-bit.

What's the exact Windows version on its C-O-A (Certificate-Of-Authenticity) sticker?

--------------------------------------------------------------

If your friend installed Windows 10 Home or Pro 64-bit in that laptop, its built-in factory reset partition may no longer exist.

And that may be why it shows as having no operating system installed.

Last edited:

Bradleymfg

You appear to have a HP Pavilion g4t-1200 CTO (Custom-To-Order) Notebook PC which was purchased brand new in December 2011 and came with Windows 7 64-bit.

What's the exact Windows version on its C-O-A (Certificate-Of-Authenticity) sticker?

If your friend installed Windows 10 Home or Pro 64-bit in that laptop, its built-in factory reset partition may no longer exist.

Window 7 home prem oa

Bradleymfg

And that may be why it shows as having no operating system installed.

I'm pretty sure he did, how exactly do I go about fixing this issue?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go HERE.
Make sure the product number LX470AV is selected.
Type in the serial number 5CD14830KP and then press the Enter key.
The Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit recovery kit for that laptop will appear in the shopping cart window.
Check out and then follow the instructions for purchasing the recovery kit.
If you have any questions or prefer to do it by phone, call 1-800-496-6127.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bradleymfg

Go HERE.
Make sure the product number LX470AV is selected.
Type in the serial number 5CD14830KP and then press the Enter key.
The Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit recovery kit for that laptop will appear in the shopping cart window.
Check out and then follow the instructions for purchasing the recovery kit.
If you have any questions or prefer to do it by phone, call 1-800-496-6127.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks you very much

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome, and good luck. (y)

Hi, I don't know why you would want to do that, as it appears you don't have any data on the machine, why not simply download windows ten (on another machine), and do a fresh clean install as it already had windows ten the ACPI will have recorded the OEM licence and you will have no problems activating it. Gets you win 10 and a clean install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I was going to suggest doing a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64-bit, but it's my guess the thread starter doesn't have the computer knowledge to do it.
If I'm wrong in my guess, then I apologize.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online