Windows 10 Not Recognizing USB Mp3 Player In File Explorer

--nknm--

Hi, i would greatly appreciate if i could get some assistance on getting Windows 10 to recognize my USB Mp3 player.

The device that does not appear on file explorer is Generalplus USB device V2 usb device and it fits an sd card.

I was able to get it detected and load songs the first couple of times i tried.

I tried updating drivers, formatting it, partitioning it and i am still unable to get it recognized.

It does not get detected on other machines as well, it is listed on device manager and AVG notifies that there is external media connected.

I am unable to format it using windows after it shows up as usb pen on file explorer sometimes, an error comes up saying format was unsuccessful.

I also tried assigning a drive letter and formatting trough disk management and creating an MBR.

I was unable to skip audio in-track when i succeed on loading tracks and the audio skipped.

Besides the first couple times, i managed to get it detected after, only to find out i was unable to access it, i got access denied and couldn't get to permissions trough group policy editor.

Any tips on how to get it listed on file explorer and how to have the device accessible on windows would be highly appreciated, as well as some on how to get it working properly.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200808172954.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 920M
Hard Drives: C: 371 GB (260 GB Free); D: 558 GB (37 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X540LJ, ver 1.0, s/n BSN12345678901234567
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n G1N0GR06837404D
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Gr3iz

Mark
Can you insert the SD card in a USB adapter and transfer your music that way?

--nknm--

Thanks a lot, i was able to load it by fitting the card into an adapter.
I am still unable to skip audio in-track and this is something that i'd appreciate some insight on what to do to fix it, the device sometimes show a no file! message.

Gr3iz

Mark
That I cannot help with. Did it not come with a User Manual? Or does that function just not work?

--nknm--

It didn't. It just doesn't work as i suppose it could as i can not forward audio in-track and on certain tracks it plays the same period twice and/or skips seconds.

Gr3iz

Mark
I have an old .mp3 player that will only do next track/previous track, it will not fast forward within a track. My car does the same thing. Unfortunately, I think it is by design ...

--nknm--

it might be.
Im trying to update it's firmware to check that.
Given so, any insight on the process would be highly appreciated, tried extracting so i could then try and find the right one, however the software designated as s1fwx and s1res fail to recognize my device.
As i read, upgrading it could fix playback issues so i'd appreciate as well any advice about software that could help me accomplish this, tried searching on the web for the board chip id monia m15038 board-v1.1 i found after opening a similar player, not sure if that's it, QC pass 2085 is written below the spot that fits the battery, and under firmware ver, IC Type: AC3315 is displayed.

plodr

Liz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online