1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 10 password

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gazzabuck1, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazzabuck1

gazzabuck1 Thread Starter

I have just today purchased a HP 251 - a105a DT PC with Win 10. During the set up I was required to enter a new password, which I wrote down and then proceeded to load MS Office 2010, which it did.

I then had to turn the PC off and on returning turned it on and kept getting a message that my password was incorrect. I know that it is not incorrect, what can I do?

Also this OS is so different to my old Win 7, I couldn't even find how to put the office icons onto the desktop.

I am going to have to take some blood pressure medication I am so angry!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    If this was a new PC with windows 10 - you would have been asked to setup a user account
    There are two types of user account
    MSAccount or local
    do you remember which you sent

MSAccount would use a live.com email address so Outlook.com or hotmail.com - if you did not have a MSAccount then it would have suggested creating one
    Is that how you setup ?
    OR
    you can choose to have a local account which would have been the same as windows 7 -
    What is the username you are asked for or set to
    is it - just a name or a [email protected]??????.com

If a MSAccount used - then you can reset the password via the live.com/outlook.com website

Otherwise , you are going to have to do a factory reset and start over again.

As the PC starts tap F11 - a menu appears where you can do a full factory reset

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    HP 251-a105a Desktop
    From what I tell from researching that desktop, I have doubts that you're going to be happy with it.
    It doesn't appear to have any expansion/upgrade options, so you're pretty much stuck with the hardware that came in it.
    And it appears that Windows 10 is going to be a big learning curve for you.
    I think you would've been happier with a refurbished Windows 7 desktop.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice