Solved Windows 10, PC not booting

Deluge

Screen says"Reboot and Select proper boot device". This is after I saw a symbol saying something was running, it didn't say what tha was. I inserted a program USB and it said "no operating system" Is it possible to make a USB drive to fix this?. The PC doesn't have an optical drive.
I had earlier set up a wireless connection from a laptop to the PCs printer, running a complete printer installation for this. The printer was switched on and connected to the PC by cable.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Check the BIOS to see if the hard drive is being seen by the motherboard.

Deluge

Thank you, the H D is seen,. I plugged in a music USB and the screen showed "Missing operating system"

Deluge

I'm going to take the soft option of restoring from a backup. I may then have to reinstall a few applications.
I'm now going to mark this thread as solved. Thanks to thise who offered advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online