Windows 10 Pro - Can't join the domain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bmoregedco

Hello,

I am trying to connect new Windows 10 Pro computers to a new Windows 2016 Server Standard. These computers were upgraded from Windows 10 Home.

I am trying to connect these computers to the local domain now and am receiving this error message;

"Can't join the domain. Contact your IT admin for more info."

The computer can find and ping the domain, but it is not authenticating. What am I doing wrong?

Fireflycph

Morten
That could be many things. First make sure you don't already have a machine with that name in AD. Secondly check the IP/DNS settings. Are you using DHCP? If so what is handing out IP's? A router or the server? Is DNS on the server? If so set the DNS ip of the station to that of the server and create a host entry in the DNS database.

Every Time I try to install either Window Server 2016 or 2012. I'm never able to connect computers to the server or the domain. What would I be doing wrong? If someone can point me in the right direction as far as setting up the server from the beginning and getting the domain setup on other computers. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I'm setting up the server. So could someone help me please. Thank You!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online