Windows 10 Pro Fast Boot Problem....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herringbone

When booting up my new HP ProDesk 600 G1 (SFF) with Windows 10 Pro installed, I now get a boot-up error message that reads "No Option to boot to," and the OS just hangs. I have to reboot to get a normal start-up.

I traced that error message, (with research) to the Fast Boot option in Win 10. I unchecked the FB option
via the Control Panel and rebooted...

But the normal boot-up didn't happen; instead the OS stalled and tried to boot from a USB external HD, which caused further hanging.

I did another hard reboot OK, checked FB again, and was back to Square One!

Any way I can uncheck FB in the Control Panel and stop that "No Option to boot to" error message?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201117184635.000000-480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (173 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (1862 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 18E7, s/n 2UA435030X
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 20200220, s/n 2UA435030X
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Very likely that's the same thing, if it's enabled turn it off.
If that causes some problems (such as unable to boot) you can enable it back by entering BIOS again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online