1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows 10 Pro TP build 10074 install error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mconnelly, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mconnelly

mconnelly Thread Starter

I'm working with build 10049. When 10061 came out, I could not complete the install. Then, 10074 came out and the same thing...I tried to upgrade through Windows update. Nothing. I downloaded the .iso to a DVD and 3 hours into the install it reset back to build 10049 and gave me the following error: 0x8007002C-0x4001C

"The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_SECOND_BOOT operation."

Can someone please tell me what's going on? 10049 is awful and I'd like to move on to better things.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3983 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1799 Mb
    Hard Drives: B: Total - 217999 MB, Free - 217876 MB; C: Total - 238636 MB, Free - 67336 MB;
    Motherboard: Gateway, EG50_HC_HR
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. gurutech

gurutech

If you have any USB devices aside from your keyboard and mouse, disconnect them during the install/upgrade. I can't tell you how many times I've failed an install because I have a USB printer installed that has a "media card" slot and acts as a drive letter.

For some reason having the extra drive letter messes up the second (or sometimes even the first) reboot during installation.

3. golddust

golddust

I just changed my boot order for the DVD to be picked up first. That USB option does cause problems otherwise.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a Gateway NE56R laptop that came with Windows 7 32-bit.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice