1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 10 pros and cons

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by steppenwolf, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steppenwolf

steppenwolf Thread Starter

some say they hate it

what are the pros and cons?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    one of the big pros was it was free, but nolonger is available for free now

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I still prefer Windows 7, but I have one of my computers dual-booting with Windows 10 so I can get used to and proficient with it before support ends for Windows 7 in 3-1/2 years.

Windows 10 comes with a lot of apps that I have no need for, so I uninstalled them and removed their tiles from the desktop.

I haven't had any real issues with it at this point, and it seems to run a bit faster than Windows 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    davehc likes this.
  4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Some of the Pro's that I like:

. command prompt windows supports easier copy and paste using CTRL-V
    . UAC prompt tells you which program EXE is asking for authorization
    . v1607 (the latest anniversary build) has done away with the "All programs" in Start Menu, it simply shows all programs all the time - saves me 1 click
    . The logon screen shows me a different beautiful picture every day.
    . Windows Defender, the built in antivirus, does a good job - it removed my 2 test Remote Access Trojans (RAT) It also has cloud capabilities, and can upload unknown samples to MS for investigation

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. steppenwolf

steppenwolf Thread Starter

its seems faster shut down faster loads faster-but who knows

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have win10 running on 3 out of 5 systems here. I like it however the one thing I do not care for is how updates are delivered. While you can defer upgrades, you have little choice otherwise. Other than that, I think it is an improvement over win8 and [probably] win7 as well.
    While it may not be perfect, it is better than it's predecessors [even passing win2k which was my favorite for a LONG time]

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice