Status
Not open for further replies.

windows 10 pros and cons

894 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
some say they hate it

what are the pros and cons?

#3 · (Edited)
I still prefer Windows 7, but I have one of my computers dual-booting with Windows 10 so I can get used to and proficient with it before support ends for Windows 7 in 3-1/2 years.

Windows 10 comes with a lot of apps that I have no need for, so I uninstalled them and removed their tiles from the desktop.

I haven't had any real issues with it at this point, and it seems to run a bit faster than Windows 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some of the Pro's that I like:

. command prompt windows supports easier copy and paste using CTRL-V
. UAC prompt tells you which program EXE is asking for authorization
. v1607 (the latest anniversary build) has done away with the "All programs" in Start Menu, it simply shows all programs all the time - saves me 1 click
. The logon screen shows me a different beautiful picture every day.
. Windows Defender, the built in antivirus, does a good job - it removed my 2 test Remote Access Trojans (RAT) It also has cloud capabilities, and can upload unknown samples to MS for investigation

#6 ·
I have win10 running on 3 out of 5 systems here. I like it however the one thing I do not care for is how updates are delivered. While you can defer upgrades, you have little choice otherwise. Other than that, I think it is an improvement over win8 and [probably] win7 as well.
While it may not be perfect, it is better than it's predecessors [even passing win2k which was my favorite for a LONG time]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.