Windows 10 received thru Windows 7 Windows Update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

garyfargo

I would like to know if Windows 10 received through using my Windows 7 Update will be also giving out a product key
to use later if problems arise. I may have to do a clean install at a later date or will I then have to pay for a Windows 10
product key?
Garyfargo

The Windows 10 Technical Preview Product Key is the same for everyone. It is only for the T.P.

NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

We don't know exactly how the upgrade will work until Windows 10 is actually released.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
You can sign up for emails from Microsoft about the upcoming Upgrade, ((meaning the actual working release of win 10, not the Preview))

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/about

Regarding trying the Preview edition>> there are definitely some things to consider!!

Here's a pretty good read about Tech Preview 10041>>> http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/working-with-windows-10-preview-build-10041/

And what Cindy posted is very true- nothing is really 100% cast in stone....things might and usually do, change....so, keep informed of the ins and outs of trying on a Preview copy!

There most likely will be some procedure to do a reinstall, clean install.....after the preview

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online