1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 received thru Windows 7 Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by garyfargo, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garyfargo

garyfargo Thread Starter

I would like to know if Windows 10 received through using my Windows 7 Update will be also giving out a product key
    to use later if problems arise. I may have to do a clean install at a later date or will I then have to pay for a Windows 10
    product key?
    Garyfargo

2. allheart55

allheart55

The Windows 10 Technical Preview Product Key is the same for everyone. It is only for the T.P.

NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR

We don't know exactly how the upgrade will work until Windows 10 is actually released.

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

You can sign up for emails from Microsoft about the upcoming Upgrade, ((meaning the actual working release of win 10, not the Preview))

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/about

Regarding trying the Preview edition>> there are definitely some things to consider!!

Here's a pretty good read about Tech Preview 10041>>> http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/working-with-windows-10-preview-build-10041/

And what Cindy posted is very true- nothing is really 100% cast in stone....things might and usually do, change....so, keep informed of the ins and outs of trying on a Preview copy!

There most likely will be some procedure to do a reinstall, clean install.....after the preview

4. garyfargo

garyfargo Thread Starter

Thanks to allheart55 and Byteman for your replies!!!!

5. allheart55

allheart55

You're welcome, Garyfargo.

6. Joris903

Joris903

I'm not going to update Windows 10 .

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice