1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Reset stuck on "Just a moment"

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MoogleKeys92, Feb 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoogleKeys92

MoogleKeys92 Thread Starter

I had an HP laptop lying around I hadn't used in awhile... And decided to do a complete factory reset to start fresh and make sure my computer was as fast as it could be.

I restarted, pressed f11 to enter the advanced menu, and did a complete reset where I deleted everything. After a few hours, I'm greeted with the welcome screen with Cortana.

Most of the time, I get past where she asks about my country and keyboard layout, and then she says "now we have some important setup to do" and the system tells me to wait "just a moment" and it's just an infinite loop of that screen. Other times, I'll turn the laptop on and it won't even get past the keyboard layout setup, it will just freeze there where I can't even move the mouse.

I've read this could be an issue where a windows update screws with some kind of driver. I was wondering if I could get help with this issue so I can boot into windows and use my laptop.

I've shut it down via the power button a few times now and booted back up only to keep having these issues.

HP Laptop

Serial: 5CD6045SV2

Model: 15-f387wm

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Well, you should only need to do country + keyboard layout once. Do you mean it doesn't remember that and asks you to do this again at every reboot ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice