1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 reset

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by holliberri5, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. holliberri5

holliberri5 Thread Starter

I reset windows 10 on my Lenovo computer and now it wont acknowledge any of the USB ports so my keyboard and mouse will not work. The keyboard will work in the BIOS screen but not when windows 10 loads. I have tried loading default setting in BIOS but this is not working. Also tried unplugging and plugging back in to different ports and uplugging computer itself and nothing. I cant access the control panel at all. HELP!!!!

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

By virtue of the fact the keyboard is recognised in BIOS but not in the OS, this is more than likely a driver-related issue. What's the specific model of your PC?

3. holliberri5

It is a lenovo E3U

4. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Okay, that doesn't give me a lot to work with here. What's the full model number? It's more than E3U. If you reset Win 10, how did you do so?

5. holliberri5

I reset windows using the reset option in the setting menue. It asked me if I wanted to save my personal programs and I said yes. Said all apps would be deleted. The product id number for my computer is 1761E3U.

6. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Okay, is this representative of your PC?

7. holliberri5

Try MTM1761E3U. Sorry, it has different information in like 3 different places.

8. holliberri5

9. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Okay, it looks like this machine debuted in 2011, so how did you upgrade it? Was it from Win 7 to Win 10? If so, did you use the upgrade tool? Moreover, did you keep a copy of it? If not, download a copy here to run on a flash drive and re-attempt a reset.

10. holliberri5

We only bought it about a year and a half ago and it came with windows 10 on it. Will it recognize the flash drive if the drive ports are not working?

11. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

As I noted earlier, this is more than likely a driver issue, since you noted the keyboard will work in the BIOS screen. On that basis, you should be able to boot from the flash drive.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice