1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Setup New PC Build

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Hoisin, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hoisin

Hoisin Thread Starter

Hey there,

I have just built my own PC, downloaded windows 10 onto a USB stick threw a macbook and followed the correct procedure to make it a bootable device. Every time I manage to get threw the language part but then when it asks to select a driver to install there is no option, a message saying 'missing media (..)'. I have looked online and have tried a few things but still no response. Any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you built your own PC, you obviously know the description of the parts that you built it with.
    What is the brand name and complete model number of its motherboard?

Where exactly did you download the Windows 10 .ISO file from that you created a bootable USB thumb drive with?
    How do you plan to activate that copy of Windows 10 after you install it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Hoisin

Hoisin Thread Starter

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 (support site)
    Scroll down, then click "Support", then click "Download", then select "Windows 10 64bit" for the operating system(OS).
    The list of Windows 10 64-bit drivers will appear so you can download and save the primary ones and any others you may need.

According to its specifications list, the primary devices that motherboard has is:
    AMD Radeon Vega Series graphics
    Realtek ALC892 high definition audio
    Realtek RTL8111H gigabit ethernet

You didn't describe the AMD processor you installed in it.
    You also didn't describe any dedicated graphic card you may have installed in it.

I'm strictly an Intel processor and graphic user, so I know nothing about AMD hardware.
    I've never built a computer from scratch, so that limits my advice and input to you even more.

You should have better success with doing a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit if you create and use a bootable DVD instead of a bootable USB thumb drive.

You still haven't advised how you plan to activate it after you install it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

5. sivartk

sivartk

First Name:
    Travis
    I haven't seen a Windows 10 install ask for a driver on most modern motherboards during the install. Are you trying to run a RAID setup? That might require a special driver during the setup.

If not, I'd try to create the USB again as there may have been an error in the creation or a DVD as mentioned above (if you have an optical drive in the machine or access to an external drive)

Like @flavallee mentioned above about activating, you'll have 60 days to purchase a key that matches the version you installed (or higher) or you'll be limited on the customizations you can do.

6. Hoisin

Hoisin Thread Starter

Hey there, thanks for replying. My CPU is the Ryzen 2600x and GPU rtx2060gaming oc pro 6gb.

Basically, I built my pc with those components, then I was told that I obviously need to install windows (then buy a key etc..) . Problem is I only have mac computers in my home which makes the microsoft IOS file harder to install , I am going to try downloading it on a windows PC when I have the chance. Im hoping that will fix it, also I do not have a CD drive in the PC i just built so the only way is to make a bootable windows USB. Hopefully that will not block me at the windows setup part where they say 'missing media..' on the select a drive to install.

7. sivartk

sivartk

First Name:
    Travis
  8. iProGhosty

iProGhosty

Does anyone know where I can download windows, like a store or something, I don’t have a pc at home or a laptop so I don’t know how I’m going to get windows. I just built my pc and don’t know where to get the software because I don’t have a computer to download it from

9. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  10. iProGhosty

iProGhosty

I have a usb but I don’t know where to get windows from, I don’t have a computer so I can’t download it online

11. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I answered your question here.

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I merged your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

If you have no way to download Windows then buy it from a store or order it from their web site. Ramon already gave a couple examples; two more are Walmart and Best Buy.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice