Windows 10 Start Menu Width Issue

Trex142

Hi, i have a few client computers running windows 10, and my active directory server running server 2019. I have the windows 10 start menu set on the servers gpo to make all windows 10 clients use a start menu.xml template to keep the start menu layout the same on all windows 10 computers. The start menu applies to all local users and domain users on the active directory machine. Domain users are using roaming profiles.

I am currently having issues with the start menu when logging in as a domain, the start menu width is not fully expaned (see 1.png). I manaually resize the width (see 2.png) which sets the correct width but when i log off and back on as the same user it reduces the height back to normal (see 1.png). How would i have this expanded at all times like (image 2.png)

NOTE: This issue does not happen to local computer users.

Attachments

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What do you mean local computers as compared to?

Have you checked what computers are getting what policy? Perhaps there is a conflict?

Trex142

What do you mean local computers as compared to?

Have you checked what computers are getting what policy? Perhaps there is a conflict?
All computers are getting the correct group policy and startmenu.xml template as all the items are in the start menu listed in the template. Its just not saving the start menu width. The width is not specified in the template as i dont think i can set it maybe it stores on the users profile?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
hmm are they all the same windows build?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If all others are equal, then it sounds like a user profile issue. I assume the users in question also have the same credentials (i.e standard/power/administrator)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online