1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows 10 Stuck

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TheCrabMage, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheCrabMage

TheCrabMage Thread Starter

Hello, I've had my gaming computer for about 2 years now and I built it myself. I had recently changed some of the parts. one day I noticed that my computer, before it turned on, was saying "checking the drive for errors" and being the impatient guy that I am I restarted my computer. Then it would give me an option to skip the checking. I kept doing it cause it would let me into my computer without waiting hours. I was texting a friend one day and forgot to press a key to skip, I had to restart my computer 3 times. so now my computer is in an endless loop of automatic repair. I've tried using multiple USB recovery drives but nothing works. I even got a new hard drive and even that didn't do anything. Also whenever I try to recover from a drive it will go to %30 and then give me a message: "something went wrong while recovering your pc no changes were made". I have also done the whole DIR copying thing.
    Please Help I'm in a class that requires my computer

2. jenae

jenae

Hi, patience grasshopper, press the win + r keys together in the run dialogue box type:-

cmd (next, press ctrl+ shift + enter) an elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy the below cmd and right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window select "paste" the cmd will append to the prompt, press enter.

fsutil dirty query c: > 0 & notepad 0

Please let us see the notepad output.

3. TheCrabMage

Volume - c: Is NOT Dirty.

Might I also add that I can't boot into windows so I'm in the troubleshooting page with no way of booting into safe mode

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If it will not boot, then I would say that you clobbered the OS, by being the "impatient guy".
    The act of turning off a machine in the middle of trying to recover the OS, has a nasty habit of things getting clobbered.

It appears to me, that you need to do a CLEAN install of your OS.

5. TheCrabMage

How exactly would I do that?

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    The same way you did when you first built this machine!

7. TheCrabMage

I didn't I got the hard drive from a friend who had windows installed

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Well, you need to get out your legal copy of Windows 10 DVD, and boot to it.

9. TheCrabMage

I don't have one I have a usb recovery drive

10. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Where did you get this USB recovery drive?

If your Windows 10 is legal, you can down load the OS and made a bootable DVD or USB thumb drive.

Then you can do a clean install.

11. TheCrabMage

I'm not trying to be rude sir, but in my first message I stated that I can't use the recover from a drive option, it always goes to 30% then gives me the message "something went wrong while recovering your pc no changes were made"

12. TheCrabMage

Please help I've tried so many things, and I need my computer otherwise I might fail my class

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Basically if you are not able to get into Windows after the checks, then the only real recourse is do a complete clean install of Windows, which means the drive will be wiped. It will need the product key that is assigned to the computer, which i assume its an OEM key and not from a vendor like Dell. If you don't have that, then you are out of luck.

If you need data off from the drive, you will need an external USB dock to put the hard drive in and copy it to another computer.

14. TheCrabMage

I don't have any way to get to the install windows. like I said many times I don't have the ability to recover 20180920_150029.jpg 20180920_150015.jpg 20180920_150008.jpg 20180920_150003.jpg

Attached Files:

15. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    So you are telling us that you did not buy this copy of Windows 10 to be installed on this hardware?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice