1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 10 Tablet Mode is a Cruel Practical Joke

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by llsee, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. llsee

llsee Thread Starter

First Name:
    Larry
    I like Windows. I've used Windows since 3.1. (I also worked for a company that adopted IBM OS/2... those old IBM salesmen could sell anything!). I staunchly defend Microsoft and Windows in tech discussions with Apple Fanboys and Linux nerds. I never wavered, even through Windows M/E, and Vista. I studiously avoided 8 and 8.1. But operating on the theory that MS gets it right on every other release, I decided to give Win 10 a try. My faith is wobbling badly!

I first tried upgrading my non-touch Toshiba laptop. Mehhh. While the upgrade process ran smoothly for me, and I had read enough to know what to do, it was still a bumpy experience. I hate the new (unmanageable) start menu so much, I bought Stardock's Start-10 application. Then, to be fair, I picked up a low end Asus Transformer Book (T100taf) to try the tablet mode. That is when I figured out that Windows Tablet is a cruel practical joke perpetrated by MS. I'll bet Steve Ballmer is still laughing about it. I documented my complaints in a couple of lengthy posts on my personal bog. If you are interested, here is a link http://www.larryc.com/archives/1493. It is a rant, but I didn't feel like re-typing it here and boring you if you don't care. Suffice it to say that I will NOT be upgrading my Win-7 desktop, or my wife's Win-7 laptop to Windows 10.

2. jbmoore

jbmoore

Smart move not upgrading any more devices to Windows 10. My friend saw the notification a while ago and asked me about it and I told her to wait because I wasn't sure if her laptop would have enough space. Now I'm on these forums with my own laptop bumbling along because I installed Windows 10 as soon as it was available! Lesson learned!

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Problems installing and using Win 10 do not happen to everyone. I have Win 10 installed on 3 laptops and one desktop that have not had one bit of trouble yet at all. All my computers were updated within 2 weeks of the Upgrade release date.

A lot of people are recommending not updating until after the first major update is released to help iron out bugs.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I've stuck at 7 as 10 does not offer enough new stuff to compensate for the backward steps and the security has gone md.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice